This article will help you choose the best vitamin C on iHerb. Vitamin C affects almost every process in the body. It regulates metabolism, synthesizes hormones, helps assimilate iron and is involved in the repair of tissue cells, gums, blood vessels, bones and teeth. This vitamin is very important for the recovery of the body during illness.
Daily allowance of vitamin C
Standard medicine recommends 60-130 mg per day, but the American Vitamin C Foundation recommends 400-3200 mg. I am inclined to trust American scientists, because I have repeatedly checked that low doses do not help. For me the optimal dosage is 500 – 1000 mg per day, during illness – 2000-3000 mg. As soon as I feel that the body has become ill, I take a large dose of vitamin C, zinc, selenium and the illness passes.
It is especially important to take vitamin C for smokers, because one smoked cigarette destroys 25 mg of ascorbic acid in the body. Because of this, smokers often have bleeding gums, hair loss, hemorrhoids, and varicose veins. If you notice these symptoms, you need to take medication or add foods high in vitamin C to your diet.
What foods have the most vitamin C?
- Rosehips. This fruit contains a record amount of vitamin C – 1200 mg per 100 grams. For example, a lemon contains two times less – 400 to 500 mg. This is a truly unique plant. Make a rosehip infusion in a thermos and drink it. Not only is it a tasty drink, but it is super healthy and inexpensive as well.
- Bell peppers. The vitamin C content in 100 grams of bell pepper is 250 mg. Add more of this vegetable to your dishes. Maximum benefit will be if taken in its raw form.
- Sea buckthorn and black currant. The third place in the ranking of products gets sea buckthorn and black currant, which contains 200 mg of vitamin C in 100 g.
- Parsley and dill. 150 mg of vitamin C per 100 g. But since you can’t eat a lot of these greens at once, don’t hope to close the daily norm of this herb.
- Kiwi. The fruit contains up to 90 mg of vitamin C in 100 g. Unlike greens, you can eat a lot of kiwi, so it’s great for replenishing deficiencies.
- Spinach. 100 g of spinach contains 55 mg of vitamin C.
The best vitamin C supplements on iHerb
Dr. Mercola, Liposomal Vitamin C
This product contains 1000 mg of vitamin C in liposomal form. This form is highly bioavailable – easily absorbed by the body. It does not irritate the gastrointestinal tract, does not cause heartburn, diarrhea. Suitable for people who have problems with acidity. Price $45 for 90 servings. Don’t forget to use the iherb promotion code to save money.
California Gold Nutrition, Gold C, Vitamin C
It’s worth noting right off the bat that the price of this product from California Gold Nutrition is only $1 for 60 capsules. I have been taking this vitamin C for over a year and have not noticed any difference compared to more expensive manufacturers. Not only does this vitamin C help in times of illness, but it combines well with collagen and iron for better absorption.
Solgar, Ester-C Plus, Vitamin C
The manufacturer assures that Ester-C® Plus is a proprietary formula developed by Solgar® that contains a unique form of vitamin C Ester-C® with a neutral pH (no hyperacidity) that does not irritate the stomach. The vitamin C metabolites contained in Ester-C® promote cellular retention of vitamin C, which is an added benefit. A unique complex of calcium ascorbate metabolites is produced by a special technology. This complex of metabolites is well absorbed by the body and contains natural bioflavonoids as well as acerola and rosehip berries.
The composition is truly one of the best on iHerb:
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetable Capsule||Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Vitamin C (as Ester-C® calcium ascorbate)||500 mg||556%|
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex||25 mg||**|
|Acerola Extract (Malpighia glabra) (fruit)||10 mg||**|
|Rose Hips (fruit)||10 mg||**|
The price is $14 for 100 capsules. Great value for money.